Back2Business
Welcome to B2B Forums.
Feel free to register or just log in with your account.

HomePortalFAQSearchMemberlistRegisterLog in

Share | 

OFF private servers - a money scam.

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
AuthorMessage
Issle
100% Back2Business
100% Back2Business

Number of posts : 156
Registration date : 2008-09-02

PostSubject: OFF private servers - a money scam.   Sun Apr 19, 2009 1:15 pm

Thought i didnt play in our last two servers. ( L2menance/L2forever ) i was watching the forums and along with TreXors valuable information i formed a complete image about the issue of "new servers on the block ". I post it in public so as our enemies/friends/whatever ( who always visit our forums , what an honor ... ) can have a word too.

Personally i think that every single OFF server that opens with big expectations ( see L2survival/L2forever wipe/ L2menance and many others ) is just a desperate attempt of some miserable guy who thinks he can make some money through internet , cause his job doesnt pay much ( or cuase he has no job ... same thing...).

The scenario is always the same. A new server opens. Based on some private OFF files and the rumors begin:

1)This server has some super duper files privatelly coded by this "famous" developer.
2)OMG the owner of the server was developer at that "famous" server.
3)Dude , that famous clan from that famous server will play in the server we should join.

My opinion about those three quotes is :

1)Developers/coders of L2OFF files are bad programmers. They dont have good jobs in the field ( cause they are not good ) so they tend to that shit to make money. If they were good they would be developing for L2J project which is far more professional work than playing with some precompiled files ( see L2OFF).

2)That owner/developer was never good. People make those rumors , cause people ( at least most of them ) dont have the ability to judge with reliable criteria.

3)That famous clan is a joke. Just as DVP is. Nowadays people tend to reffer to "good" clans when they want to say "Powerful clans " aka zergs.

All in all , there used to be a time that servers were good. Cause simply there were not many people clamining the pie. There were people with vision that cared firstly for the server , and secondly about their money.

Nowadays every money-addicted monkey tends to open a server wasting our precious time but also fucking up our pattience. Thats what destroys L2 private side. People do not get bored from playing, but from having to change server every month or so.

And seriously , i cant see any solution at this problem...

/discuss
Back to top Go down
View user profile
uranus
## I AM B2B ! ##
## I AM B2B ! ##

Number of posts : 2664
Humor : Caralho.
Registration date : 2008-04-15

PostSubject: Re: OFF private servers - a money scam.   Sun Apr 19, 2009 1:36 pm

Issle wrote:
People do not get bored from playing, but from having to change server every month or so.

/discuss

Agree with you meng. As we saw , we had to change server each 1 ~ 2 months this last year.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Artemis
~ green inside ~
~ green inside ~

Number of posts : 1562
Humor : Hai !

PostSubject: Re: OFF private servers - a money scam.   Sun Apr 19, 2009 1:42 pm

I agree with basically everything you said Issle !
But I guess that this does not only happens with L2 private servers, we live in a corrupt world where people only think in their favour. It's sad of course to see this happens, just like you said, it wastes our time ! Wich for some isnt something they have at all, some try to find any time to come online to play with this awesome family and gets disappoited in the end.
I speak for myself, did so much everytime on every server I played on. And after some time I basically lost everything becuz' some Admin is retard enough to close the server (mainly becoz' he made enough money) or some f4gs simply destroyed it.
Also, people tend to blame L2J for it's bad coding, bugs, whatsoever but let me tell everyone in here who has some time to read this L2J servers are where you find the most honest people, I speak for example L2Ownage. Not because I was a HGM there, neither when we found out that Zexina was giving out items to her friends, but people cant simply deny the fact that it was the most awesome server we ever played, w/o corrupted Admins (Not GM's).
But like I said before everything surrounding us is corrupted, although we cannot forget, this people offer us the opportunity to play a game w/o having to pay those extremely exagerated prices (retail).

If you give a hand, they will take your arm.
Back to top Go down
View user profile http://www.ulusiada.pt
Nvlddmkm
B2B ~ *In Flames*
B2B ~ *In Flames*

Number of posts : 631
Humor : Fuck yo couch nigga!
Registration date : 2008-10-17

PostSubject: Re: OFF private servers - a money scam.   Sun Apr 19, 2009 2:55 pm

We knew the "dev" sux in l2forever, and we know the files are just a copy from menace which were kinda crappy. But we joined forever due to the zerg mass pvp. It was fun but some ppl are leaving cuz there isnt much to do atm cuz the good mass pvp took place at the RB's but the dev's decided to make the FEW rb's retail respawn, so its basically everyone waiting 12 hours to get some decent pvp, and epics have retail respawn which sux. If they gave us more to do with better SA systems, or better raid spawntimes the pvp could be quite nice.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Fury
100% Back2Business
100% Back2Business

Number of posts : 143
Humor : HOMO Sapiens
Registration date : 2009-02-12

PostSubject: Re: OFF private servers - a money scam.   Mon Apr 20, 2009 2:07 am

That's the point, why I don't like L2off servers and low rates. They are all made to make some money. Some ppl can work their asses off to get something, but what's the point to do that in private server? I am currently playing on retail PTS and seems that Gracia Final will be epic. Aerial battles is the whole new thing. Ofc, NClolSoft is NClolSOft, they made, that you will have to grind for some stuff anyways, still the thread is not about that. I had so much great times on L2Extreme... while I was leveling and didn't knew how corrupted it was, after I realized that I left. Since L2x and L2r I never play on lower than 100 rates servers since all they care is money. Give them enaugh money and they will edit your char, give your clan castle, punish your non-donators opponents for something minor. L2j is whole new thing. L2j community, actually, does everything to comfort players. I know one guy, who works his ass off for free to help L2j to improve their servers. It's like this all the time. For example Linux and Windows. Linux is all the way better than windows b ecause it's open source project and free. The only thing that prevents 100% ppl to switch to linux is that you can't run a majority of most popular games. L2j only - is that they had to create everything from scratch, so some of features aren't working propertly. L2off in the other hand had a start, which was C4 PTS files. They had some features, that they could use without touching a finger to them. Now they only added few features and textures from C5, Interlude, Kamael, even Kamael+ and Gracia. Every noob 10-years-old kiddo thinks that they are playing retail-like Gracia. It's pretty easy to get Interlude OFF files and edit them a bit so they would look like new server, but it's same shitty C4 with some new skills and few textures. The point of my post is, that it's better to play fast and easy L2j, than old and rusty L2off.

Long post, no spaces between lines, but maybe someone will read it lol.

P.S. I am visiting forums, cause I had some fun on L2inc with you and I like your movies.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Sonnic
B2B ~* Main Assist *~
B2B ~*  Main Assist  *~

Number of posts : 2582
Humor : Do you like fishdicks?
Registration date : 2008-04-14

PostSubject: Re: OFF private servers - a money scam.   Mon Apr 20, 2009 3:11 am

Yea you guys are right in all your points but still

L2 OFF pvp > L2j pvp

We learnd that every server is gonna die soon no matter L2 OFF or L2j
although L2j's will prolly last longer and the admin is able to fit the
server with the community.

We knew L2f is gonna die but still we can have fun during that time, I mean
the settings are quite ok and the pvp aint bad aswell. Its gonna be our last
server anyway.

Current and last game: RL[/i]
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Finobufferaki
~ green inside ~
~ green inside ~

Number of posts : 1583
Humor : Safe and Sound

PostSubject: Re: OFF private servers - a money scam.   Mon Apr 20, 2009 3:22 am

Issle is right, and his words wise. But who is going to listen to him? They gonna stay monkeys who want money from the internet.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Nvlddmkm
B2B ~ *In Flames*
B2B ~ *In Flames*

Number of posts : 631
Humor : Fuck yo couch nigga!
Registration date : 2008-10-17

PostSubject: Re: OFF private servers - a money scam.   Mon Apr 20, 2009 4:49 am

Simply fact, no matter if its l2j or l2off, their all corrupt, their all gonna end, and they all have their upsides and downsides. Just pick the one with a good amount of balanced pvp, and play there till it dies. End-O story

If anyone wants to play a server without corruption, your gonna have to pay monthly for it.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Siege
The Boss
The Boss

Number of posts : 2761
Humor : say whaaat ?

PostSubject: Re: OFF private servers - a money scam.   Mon Apr 20, 2009 4:53 am

Nowadays we can say the L2j community is already bigger than the L2off community.
How come?

Well L2j server have one advantage. They can always bring the chronicle like retail has.
They are also able to add a lot of custom stuff, which makes every server a bit diffrent.

After L2off couldn't compete with gracia anymore it lost a lot of players.
Only the hardcore L2player, who didn't want a completly new gameplay decided to stay on L2off servers.
That's the reason why the avarage skill level is a way higher on this kind of servers.

So with it's small community not every L2off server is able to become famous these days.
What does it need?
- a well known admin. Who managed a great server in the past.
- 1 or 2 known clans, which announced in other server forums that they wanna move on.

Issle mentioned that already, but let's take a look what's happening if such a server oppens.
- It has heavy pvp everywhere, coz ppl are figthing for the best pve places and raids.
- Tons of movies coming out and making that server even more famous.
- All pro clans biatching each other everywhere and frapsing everything.
- Rumors of cheating and corruption coming up.
- Every clan tries to compete with that and search some advantage through own exploiting / corruption.
- After a while everybody geared up and found some cheats for his clan.
- Forum flames becomes heavy. Everybody is trying to blame the opponents for cheating.
- A new Server comes up. -> ppl go there coz they think something gonna change.
- It wont.

L2j has a big community and most of the servers don't care if major clans are leaving.
That's why corruption is not that necessary to keep up the population / pvp on the server.

MuseBreaks
I AM YOUR FATHER!
I AM YOUR FATHER!

Number of posts : 3706
Humor : B-R Family!
Registration date : 2008-09-12

PostSubject: Re: OFF private servers - a money scam.   Mon Apr 20, 2009 5:17 am

I think that everyone has already said a bit of my opinion as well, as I came to agree with Issle, with Artz, with Nvl and with Siege as well.

L2Off, L2J, L2Oneo, L2shit, whatever, it is important yeah, and as Siege said, "hardcore" L2 players tend to play on L2off, easygoing l2 players tend to play on L2J.
Tbh, most important when searching for a server, is to know if it fits the clan's needs.
If your clan can deal with corruption, if your clan can deal with zergs, if your clan can deal with huge enemy activity, if your clan can deal with botters, if your clan can deal with flames, if your clan wants to dominate the server, ... It all matters when picking up a server.

For instance:

If your clan is a huge zerg -> you can go on low rates or find some l2off server to zerg with your army
If your clan is made up of just a bunch of friends -> You can go on to any server to have fun as long as everyone likes it
If your clan is mostly composed of guys on their 18-19's and early 20's -> Your clan has low activity, no PvE or you're gonna take ages to achieve anything
If your clan is a clan of nolifers -> You can take over any server

Just a few examples on how to find how your clan will do at a certain server.

But Issle said something very important... L2Off PvP > L2J PvP because L2J is still just not developed well enough to obtain results as good as OFF when it comes to calculations, on other words, what makes your toon respond slower on L2J than on L2off. When that problem is fixed, I think everyone will move to L2j, because its PVP will be a lot better already.

L2J has already come from a longggggggg road that I've been following since C5, and it has really improved a lot. It is easier to find and correct a code error on L2J than on L2OFF nowadays. In some months, I guess L2J will be as stable as L2off, and I guess as well that's what we all are waiting for Razz
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Issle
100% Back2Business
100% Back2Business

Number of posts : 156
Registration date : 2008-09-02

PostSubject: Re: OFF private servers - a money scam.   Mon Apr 20, 2009 6:30 am

L2OFF's big problem is its community. Most of the people there, are full of psychological problems. They are deprived from lifes beauty and tend to grow big egos in the game. Mainly i blame this in the fact that L2OFF has more experienced and serious gamers , thats why they are so dumb in social behaviour. Take for instance this guy who revealed that they were corrupted in l2forever. I cant even remember his name sorry. Ill point out the difference between us and such guys.

When rumors went out that we were cheating in l2inc and that we could safelly enchant, we took actions. Not cause we were afraid of getting banned, but cause we wanted to save the server from scandals. I remember going out in l2inc forum blasting unbelievable lies covering the whole incident. We firstly care about the server and secondly about our clan.

When those L2f guys were found multiclassing, this ridiculous rubish-guy went out saying how pro cheaters they are, and how the server deserved to get cheated etc. Thats the kind of people that do not deserve to play the game. The kind of people who wants to show everyone how great they are ( while between us all of l2f clans are for laughs) and always want to take revenge from the server. And its not only them.

Same incident in L2inc. A group of GM's got busted recently helping their clan,VanitySins (Explains how those guys stood a chance against us in Aden ... ) and nBd banned all of them. And instead they made a new server , created famous l2inc chars and staged conversations to create fake corruption in L2inc. Such kind of people are a curse. They do not deserve to play MMO games. Its simple , if you get caught violating rules , you pack your things and go away. Staying to cause trouble in the server means staying to cause trouble to the rest of the players who still play.

I have seen multiple times guys admitting to me that they cheat. The first question that i ask them is : What if the admin finds out ? Their answer is always aproximatelly the same : I got screens of that pro clan cheating so i can blackmail him etc etc. No, No dude. If you get caught , just ...

GET THE FUCK OUT !!

We , the rest , want to play peacefully...
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Siege
The Boss
The Boss

PostSubject: Re: OFF private servers - a money scam.   Mon Apr 20, 2009 11:11 am

Issle wrote:
L2OFF's big problem is its community. Most of the people there, are full of psychological problems. They are deprived from lifes beauty and tend to grow big egos in the game. Mainly i blame this in the fact that L2OFF has more experienced and serious gamers , thats why they are so dumb in social behaviour. Take for instance this guy who revealed that they were corrupted in l2forever. I cant even remember his name sorry. Ill point out the difference between us and such guys.

Just compare L2off boards with L2j boards. Much more flame is going on at the off forums.
"My clan is best, we bitched you in varka" "No my clan is best we prox0r cheated you up" "You dumbass, we are the best coz we have the zerg!!!!"

MuseBreaks
I AM YOUR FATHER!
I AM YOUR FATHER!

PostSubject: Re: OFF private servers - a money scam.   Mon Apr 20, 2009 8:20 pm

Siege wrote:
Issle wrote:

Just compare L2off boards with L2j boards. Much more flame is going on at the off forums.
"My clan is best, we bitched you in varka" "No my clan is best we prox0r cheated you up" "You dumbass, we are the best coz we have the zerg!!!!"

That's true, but that's cause those "hardcore" gamers like we call 'em have no life, as Issle pointed out, so they wanna pump up their e-reputation across forums.
But I'll give you an example of an L2J server with lots of flames, more flames than I've ever seen on any other server's board (even considering L2PvPX lol). It was my first server, named L2Signs, and it started as C5 right on the day that PTS became C5 too. 8 months after its opening (yeah, it might sound weird, but I played on the same server without jumping for like 1 year and a half lol), during weekends, the flames on the forum were unstoppable. In a single day you could see threads with more than 10 pages of pure flames between clans and alliances, even personal flames ("OMG you're gonna marry that l2 whore LOL")... True that it made the server more appealing, but after a while everyone starts to get sick of it.

A little flame once in a while proves to be healthy, some forum discussions are also good, and taking down forum warriors is my hobby (as Artemis noticed back on L2Ownage times Razz). But too much flame, just proves 1 thing: no real life whatsoever.

Have you seen Boosty's rl pic? That's my point.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Siege
The Boss
The Boss

PostSubject: Re: OFF private servers - a money scam.   Mon Apr 20, 2009 8:30 pm

I'm talking about the diffrences nowadays, where L2off can't bring the same chronicle as L2j.

Btw an actual example for an overmotivated forum warrior:
http://www.lineage2forever.com/f/index.php?showtopic=803

Finobufferaki
~ green inside ~
~ green inside ~

Number of posts : 1583
Humor : Safe and Sound

PostSubject: Re: OFF private servers - a money scam.   Mon Apr 20, 2009 8:32 pm

Siege does completes Issle's post. That situation is so corrupted. Too many new peps are joining MMO games. Some of them are used to cheat in normal games. They do it again now. Generally l2 = corruption right now. At least the servers we joined. (even in ownage it existed, even on low rates). Wise words from Issle but those are just some words. You can't change minds, nor ppl. If ppl do not have a brain, they should buy one. In my humble opinion? We aren't the ones who can solve the problem. GMs are. But they are so bored to do it.

Siege wrote:

What a fail. Oh ppl can be so dumb

Last edited by FinoBufferaki on Tue Apr 21, 2009 12:12 am; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
View user profile
MuseBreaks
I AM YOUR FATHER!
I AM YOUR FATHER!

PostSubject: Re: OFF private servers - a money scam.   Mon Apr 20, 2009 11:11 pm

Siege wrote:

I lol'ed
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: OFF private servers - a money scam.   

Back to top Go down

OFF private servers - a money scam.
View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 1 of 1