Back2Business
Welcome to B2B Forums.
Feel free to register or just log in with your account.

HomePortalFAQSearchMemberlistRegisterLog in

Share | 

Banned Players

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
Go to page : 1, 2  Next
AuthorMessage
Siege
The Boss
The Boss

Number of posts : 2761
Humor : say whaaat ?
Registration date : 2008-04-14

PostSubject: Banned Players   Sun Apr 27, 2008 2:12 am

Siege wrote:
Ammon banned a lot of players (rumors say up to 80 accounts),
coz they used a adena bug there. It was possible to buy a special
jewel for less money than you can sell it. That's why the eagles had such good weapons.

Dunno i think it was the wrong step to ban so much players.
That just hurt the community and the server is going to be more emty.
I probabaly had just fixed the bug without punishing the players,
coz at the end that would be the best for the server.

your opinion?
Back to top Go down
View user profile http://back2business.my-goo.com
Azurae
B2B ~ H4rDc0rE
B2B ~ H4rDc0rE

Number of posts : 306
Registration date : 2008-04-15

PostSubject: Re: Banned Players   Sun Apr 27, 2008 2:31 am

well that wouldnt be an option to not punish someone for using a bug. the only other way to punish them instead of a ban would have been removing all weapons/armors better than +10 and jailing everyone for 6hours.
that would have been an appropriate punishment also but not so many people would have been completely removed from the server.
but not punishing them at all would have been the wrong step

on the otherside if those bugusers wouldnt have been banned, what would be the option for other people that abuse bugs?? i mean using an adena bug to get +16 weapons every day already is a VERY big bugusage. people got banned for less already. it also isn't a good way to say ok, we don't ban them because they were so many even if it would have been better for the server population
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Kito
PiMP FaTHeR oF PosTs
PiMP FaTHeR oF PosTs

Number of posts : 887

PostSubject: Re: Banned Players   Sun Apr 27, 2008 2:35 am

Lame...

Fortuna now is rly fcked up... btw:

Who were the cheaters... US? lol!
Back to top Go down
Azurae
B2B ~ H4rDc0rE
B2B ~ H4rDc0rE

PostSubject: Re: Banned Players   Sun Apr 27, 2008 2:45 am

most of the eagles ^^

most of the banned chars were 2nd and 3rd chars of players. their mainaccs got banned also since they used the bug to make their mainchar better
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Artemis
~ green inside ~
~ green inside ~

Number of posts : 1562
Humor : Hai !

PostSubject: Re: Banned Players   Sun Apr 27, 2008 2:55 am

Agree with Azurae...
Banning so much players is bad for the server. We will loose our favourite running pvp's Razz
Back to top Go down
View user profile http://www.ulusiada.pt
Azurae
B2B ~ H4rDc0rE
B2B ~ H4rDc0rE

PostSubject: Re: Banned Players   Sun Apr 27, 2008 3:01 am

well i've heard that it "only" hit 10 mainchars but a lot of 2nd and 3rd chars.
i think for 10 people it is ok to ban all of them
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Crystall
B2B ~ H4rDc0rE
B2B ~ H4rDc0rE

Number of posts : 393

PostSubject: Re: Banned Players   Sun Apr 27, 2008 3:18 am

Whats the wrong or right way, is an endless discuss like a spawn fight Razz
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Sonnic
B2B ~* Main Assist *~
B2B ~*  Main Assist  *~

Number of posts : 2582
Humor : Do you like fishdicks?

PostSubject: Re: Banned Players   Sun Apr 27, 2008 3:19 am

Well I guess 80 ppl is kinda overrated.. Its a hard disicion to make.
Should Ammon just punish them otherwise and let their items remaind ?
I guess banning them was the fairest way since its impossible to
delet all the items. They also could have more items / adena on different chars.

Ofc its really bad for the server population, which is already low.
I dont wanna say it will kill Fortuna.. but it will most likely hurt the
server more than anyone expects.

Current and last game: RL[/i]
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Finobufferaki
~ green inside ~
~ green inside ~

Number of posts : 1583
Humor : Safe and Sound

PostSubject: Re: Banned Players   Sun Apr 27, 2008 3:57 am

Eagles know all the common bugs... They know bugs about not being targeted and to give crazy dmgs with daggers using skills like backstub in front of the ppl (7k on a friend, 6.5 on me). I agree that, banning hurts the population, I would like ppl using the bugs I reffered to getting banned but not for this adena bug, creating +20s or not they still remain eagles.
Back to top Go down
View user profile

PostSubject: Re: Banned Players   Sun Apr 27, 2008 6:41 am

In my opinion, the punishment was well considered and good. Like said above, not all 80 accounts were a player. What Iīve heard, most of these accounts were 3rd accounts and so the banning doesnīt affect the server that much. Most of them should still have another active and unbanned account. So, maybe about 3 to 5 people will leave the server.
And bugusing is against the rules, everyone knows that and everyone who does it should be punished.
Back to top Go down
Viscy
LowLvlPoster

Number of posts : 13
Registration date : 2008-04-24

PostSubject: Re: Banned Players   Sun Apr 27, 2008 7:40 am

FinoBufferaki wrote:
Eagles know bugs about not being targeted and to give crazy dmgs with daggers using skills like backstub

Be carefull that could be a funny quote for the eagle-forum xD and if they know such bugs why they don't win all the fights?
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Artemis
~ green inside ~
~ green inside ~

Number of posts : 1562
Humor : Hai !

PostSubject: Re: Banned Players   Sun Apr 27, 2008 8:14 am

Maybe because they dont know how to use them ? cheers
Back to top Go down
View user profile http://www.ulusiada.pt
Elentil
B2B ~ *In Flames*
B2B ~ *In Flames*

Number of posts : 601
Registration date : 2008-04-18

PostSubject: Re: Banned Players   Mon Apr 28, 2008 4:23 am

Thats not good for server guyz. not good.......
I dont know the exact situation since i cant play but i think will be the beginning of the end for Fortuna
Back to top Go down
View user profile

PostSubject: Re: Banned Players   Mon Apr 28, 2008 4:41 am

Elentil, so so why should it be so dramatic? About 5 to 10 (not so smart) guys got banned for using a bug. About the half of them will create new accounts i guess. So only really few players got lost. And sorry, but players who need such bugs to play good are not needed so much on fortuna or am i wrong?
Back to top Go down
Elentil
B2B ~ *In Flames*
B2B ~ *In Flames*

Number of posts : 601
Registration date : 2008-04-18

PostSubject: Re: Banned Players   Mon Apr 28, 2008 4:44 am

1rst I said its bad because i would be bored to make a char all over again as my main char. to have all the equipment i had
2nd yeah u are right , those kind of players dont reserve to play in any server , not just fortuna.
3rd i expressed my opinion dude
Back to top Go down
View user profile

PostSubject: Re: Banned Players   Mon Apr 28, 2008 9:49 am

I know, that you just expressed your opinion and all I tried to do, is, to discuss with you about it. Because i donīt think that this will be the beginning of the end of fortuna. But Iīm glad that we both think the same about those bugusers. Wink
Back to top Go down
Painkiller
B2B ~ 4 Life
B2B ~ 4 Life

Number of posts : 238

PostSubject: Re: Banned Players   Mon Apr 28, 2008 10:20 am

Yes i agree that they shoulded be banned.But from other hand they was big part of server community and its sad...
This thing hited hard to Fortuna's community,server have not much ppl..its hard to find ppl to pvp...They come just in sieges but every time Lags destroying everything Sad
And we can just wote more to help Fortuna get her best times back..Or maybe we can do more?! Smile

TreXor
B2B ~ *In Flames*
B2B ~ *In Flames*

Number of posts : 536

PostSubject: Re: Banned Players   Mon Apr 28, 2008 11:18 am

let them cheat we still kill them in pvps means they cheating doesnt affect their skill lvl at all:P The more enemies we got more fun we have:)
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Renaldo
Elpy

Number of posts : 1
Registration date : 2008-04-29

PostSubject: Re: Banned Players   Tue Apr 29, 2008 6:48 am

To much confusion had took place.SonsOfTheEagle has nothing to do with ClimbingEagle, yes i have to admit their lider was our member before one year near, and he created his clan based on our "Symbol" Eagle, as our fun club he was, but all changed long time ago ( one year). They mostly are made of low age members so it is a bit hard to have a reasonably communication with them ( often all degenerate in flames ).
And about the "Bug usage" i can say only one thing : If Fortuna community dont do nothing agains bugs and bugusers , bugs will destroy one day our fortuna l2 server.
I was realy doubtfool when i saw the fake eagles making all good weapons in 1 week which took to me at last more than one year to do, and i discused for that with mine friends ingame.
And what i saw after some days ? All their clan or the most of them where all banned.I think the decission from GMs is right in defending others fair players and their great ammount time of playing.In the cyber, I and some others friends play, we have decided to never use such stupid thigs as above, and not to accept ppl who try to use any l2 "bugs" and the result of that is that SonsOfTheEagle is clean from any accuse ( item database of GMs can proove it).The only one banned from us is Enis.And i think he is banned cose of tha bad luck, he was playing the day of his bann at one cyber where fake eagles bugused, and all acc loged there are banned.Enis isnt a buguser i know him very well.All his good items have a known legal oringin ( item database can proove that ).
Eh,.. there are a lot words, which couldnt be wrotten here all, but to finish mine scripture i can say one short sentence, but not short from the message it transmit, if we all want to have some fun togather in server :LETS PLAY FAIR WITH LESS FLAMES

Thank you all for the patiente
Sincerely Renaldo
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Kito
PiMP FaTHeR oF PosTs
PiMP FaTHeR oF PosTs

Number of posts : 887

PostSubject: Re: Banned Players   Tue Apr 29, 2008 7:17 am

Enis is a dboxer flower
Back to top Go down
Viscy
LowLvlPoster

Number of posts : 13
Registration date : 2008-04-24

PostSubject: Re: Banned Players   Tue Apr 29, 2008 9:28 am

Renaldo wrote:
The only one banned from us is Enis.And i think he is banned cose of tha bad luck, he was playing the day of his bann at one cyber where fake eagles bugused, and all acc loged there are banned.Enis isnt a buguser i know him very well.All his good items have a known legal oringin ( item database can proove that ).

If he is banned while he did nothing wrong then u all have to protest and ask from admins to drop his ban Exclamation It would be totally unfair from them not to do that!I think we all know Enis,well i know him he is a good guy and i never saw him with a +++ weapon,altho even if i had seen him with one it still wouldnt be so suprizing cuz he plays long time in fortuna.I don't know guys,personally im shocked from enis's ban..and i think that banning 80 accounts in the name of fairness,while behind some of them may be innocent ppl,is wrong.

I also want to refer to atilas's ban and i would like to say what i think.Well we all know atilas has a dirty mouth many times and call names to ppl very easily but lets face it he isnt the only one.
However,What ive heard is that he got banned for talking in very dirty language to ammon.Based on that fact I consider the ban fair.However,other players have talked in dirty language for other gms in the past and they didnt get any ban ; maybe becuz in most of cases the dirty language was "cleaner" than atilas's who knows.

Despite of how dirty atilas was speaking I m pretty sure he is good char inside or at least a much better one than some others ive met in fortuna, and more importantly I think that if akenaton leaves with him (and as the things seem right now they will) fortuna will miss a huge part of the fun and the action it had and that is just sad...

Last edited by Viscy on Tue Apr 29, 2008 9:38 am; edited 2 times in total
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Siege
The Boss
The Boss

Number of posts : 2761
Humor : say whaaat ?

PostSubject: Re: Banned Players   Tue Apr 29, 2008 9:33 am

Yes that is exactly like i feel. They were part of the server like we are... now something is missing.
Dunno i just talked in bad german language to Johnny in forum and he banned my account there.
Maybe if i did the same ingame, i would be without account there now too.

I still think it was the wrong decission to ban so much good players, which were part of the server for a long time already.
Back to top Go down
OrcoGnagna
Elpy

Number of posts : 3
Registration date : 2008-04-28

PostSubject: Re: Banned Players   Wed Apr 30, 2008 2:08 am

they could have had items removed instead of ban probably, but you are seeing this in the wrong point of view imho. it's not gm that didnt have to ban them because they are part of the server, it's them that shouldnt have used bugs...
they are also ridiculous, all time crying for corruption and for bad gms while themselves first cheated...
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Azurae
B2B ~ H4rDc0rE
B2B ~ H4rDc0rE

PostSubject: Re: Banned Players   Wed Apr 30, 2008 3:22 am

Quote :
they are also ridiculous, all time crying for corruption and for bad gms while themselves first cheated...

QFT
most of the time those who try to point at others are those who actually got the corpses in their basement...
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Fotios
Elpy

Number of posts : 3
Registration date : 2008-04-16

PostSubject: Re: Banned Players   Wed Apr 30, 2008 4:17 am

If he didn`t banned them it would be unfair for guys who banned for less important things.Earning unlimited adena is damn serious bug using,worst than others such as dual box.They earned advantage of guys who worked hard to farm adena and make some good enchances.

If he didn`t banned them and he gave an alternative punishement,would simply means that the punishement of bug using depends of the number of bug users.So,if i discover a bug,i can tell my whole ally to use it knowing that ammon can`t ban us all cuz we r important part of the server so the worst thing can happen to us is to remove the advantage we got from bugs and spend some afk hours in jail while i will sleeping.(I would never did any intented bug using,this is just an example).

In few words i believe that gms must be mercyless.And if i was Ammon i would do the exact same thing.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Banned Players   

Back to top Go down

Banned Players
View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 1 of 2Go to page : 1, 2  Next